Benefits of Clean Marketing Data: Real World Examples
Clean data is essential if you want to extract the maxiumum revenue possible from your prospect database. It increases opportunities, saves money, and helps maintain a positive reputation.
There’s a myriad of benefits to cleansing your marketing database. Not only will you stop wasting money on storing obsolete data, but the improved accuracy means your campaigns will be more relevant and more likely to be successful.
However, we understand that keeping your database spick and span is no mean feat, so we’ve included some real life benefits to encourage you make sense of all that data!
Increased Opportunities Come When:
- Your mailer arrived at the correct address because your data was updated as soon as that prospect moved office.
- Your salesperson can set that appointment instead of throwing away the lead due to missing phone numbers.
- Marketing can effectively segment data and run that SMS campaign because the mobile phone numbers have been correctly stored in the “mobile” field while landlines are in the “telephone” field.
- In fact, you can significantly boost all your customer acquisition efforts, thanks to the fact that you are able to segment much more efficiently.
- You make important business decisions based upon accurate information.
- By increasing the accuracy and consistency of your company’s data, you can improve your response rates, which leads to increased revenue.
- You are able to quickly and conveniently reach customers directly, so that you can inform them of time sensitive promotions or information.
- You can see which other marketing channels, products and strategies have been successful in the past based upon accurate customer response data.
Money Is Saved When:
- Your salespeople are not wasting time calling bad numbers.
- You can now send an email to your customer/prospect instead of a letter due to the appended email addresses.
- You avoid duplicate data which can be a significant drain on company resources. For example, if you send the same mailer to a single customer, that is a waste of time and postage.
- You have the chance to streamline and redefine business processes and practices. You can determine if certain job descriptions within the company can be altered or if positions can be integrated.
- You can also assess whether or not a product or service is performing well, given that you can view accurate and reliable sales information.
Your Reputation is Maintained When:
- Your mailers are making it directly to their intended recipient, rather than being forwarded from their previous address, or thrown away by the new homeowner at the old address.
- Your sales team are not calling on customers and prospects that are on the “Do Not Call List.”
- Has it ever happened, that you make a follow-up call, only to find out that another member of your team had already contacted the customer? After cross-checking you clearly noticed that there was no record of a call being made to the contact, but there sure was a duplicate contact, assigned to another sales rep!
- Invalid email addresses are eliminated, effectively reducing the number of “hard bounces” on transmission – and stopping you becoming “blacklisted”.
- Your not sending duplicate communications to contacts – annoying them by the abundance of marketing materials they are receiving.
So, now that we know why clean data is so important, the next step is to learn how to clean it! Take a look at 9 Ways to Clean Marketing Data.