- Target market segments
- Target buyer personas and their buyer’s journeys
- Sales and marketing funnel and definition of leads at each stage
- Acceptance/rejection criteria for passing leads to sales
- Process that allows sales teams to recycle not-ready leads back to marketing for further nurturing
- Key performance indicators
- Feedback method
As a result, it is imperative that sales and marketing work together throughout the prospect’s buying journey in order to deliver the best possible customer experience and prevent them leaking out of the sales funnel.
A well implemented marketing automation platform supports the sales cycle, ensuring sales teams have access to more quality leads and detailed tracking and activity alerts.